Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The View from My Dreadmill


Looks super exciting, doesn't it?

Life has been stressful the last few days and I knew that a run would probably help my state of mind.  I also know that I really need to get back into the habit of running on a regular basis.  But knowing that I'd have to run down in the basement on the "dreadmill" did not sound very fun.  It's tough to get motivated to run down here, hence the reason why I only ran twice in December!  There's no tv to watch to catch up on my shows.  It's just me and the kitchens and the view out the window.  Good times.

It's strange that I feel this way because when I first started running I didn't dare even think about running anywhere but on the treadmill.  I just KNEW that people would see me running outside and they would be laughing at my comical attempt to get some exercise.  But now, I'd take outside any day... well, unless it's 7 degrees with a -4 windchill.  (Note to self, buy more cold weather running gear.)  So this morning, I had a very limited time period to run and I didn't have nearly enough time to talk myself into running outside.  So I dragged (drug?) myself to the basement, hopped on the dreadmill, and made myself run for 3 miles. 

The moral of the story?  Buy a tv for the basement.  No, just kidding.  (Although that is a very good idea!)  You'll always be glad that you ran when you didn't want to.  You'll always be unhappy with yourself if you let yourself give in to being lazy.

How do YOU motivate yourself to run when you don't want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment